Need a healthy source of sustained energy? Then try Baseline Nutritionals'® Accelerator™. Unlike many natural body-fuel supplements, it gives you both smooth energy and nutrition for hours at a time, throughout the day.
Natural High-Energy Fuel:
- Ultra long-chain carbohydrates from pre-sprouted barley for maximum energy yet minimal calories.
- Long term satiety - keeps you feeling energized and satisfied for hours.
- Banaba leaf and blueberry leaf help support your body processes that balance sugar metabolism.
- Helps you manage weight, easily and sustainably.
- Highly nutritious: packed with Wheatgrass Powder, Oat Grass, & Alfalfa Leaf.
- Hundreds of naturally occurring antioxidants and phytochemicals to nourish the body.
Natural High-Energy Fuel
A pleasant tasting shake whose primary virtue is sustained energy, making it perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or to sustain an athlete on a long-distance run or when climbing a mountain. But by very virtue of its ability to sustain you for hours, it will help you lose weight by killing the need for between-meal snacks to keep you going throughout the day.*
Note: Each metabolized calorie of Activated Barley produces 400% more energy for the body than a standard fixed calorie.*
NOTE: Item cannot be shipped to Australia.
Ingredient Supporting Studies:
Suggested Use: 1 scoop (2 tbs) Accelerator™ in juice or blend as part of a smoothie and drink as a meal replacement shake. Use for 1 or 2 meals per day as desired. Eat sensibly at other meals.
Blend into a complete meal replacement shake, or take with juice or water. Here's a sample recipe:
- 1 scoop Accelerator™ Shake
- 4 oz juice
- 4 oz water
- 1 banana
- 1 handful frozen strawberries or raspberries
Creamy Piña Colada
- Meat and water from 1 large young white coconut
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 tsp. stevia powder or 1 packet stevia
- 1 T. coconut butter
- squeeze of lime juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- dash of Himalayan sea salt
- 1 scoop Accelerator™
Put all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
*An alternative to the young coconut would be 1 1/2 T. of organic freeze dried coconut powder (Navitas Naturals is a good brand available online or in natural food stores), 1 1/2 cup water, and 1 1/2 oz. of organic creamed coconut (available in well stocked grocery stores and natural food stores.)
|Serving Size:||1 scoop (12g)|
|Servings per Container:||30|
|Amount per Serving:||12,000 mg|
|Container Size:||12.69oz (360.6g)|
|Click ingredient for more information|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Stabilized Rice Bran #||7600 mg||N/A*|
|Presprouted Barley Powder +||3020 mg||N/A*|
|Alfalfa Leaf Powder +||290 mg||N/A*|
|Wheatgrass Powder +||290 mg||N/A*|
|Oat Grass +||290 mg||N/A*|
|Guarana #||200 mg||N/A*|
|Banaba Leaf Extract #||190 mg||N/A*|
|European Blueberry Leaf #||100 mg||N/A*|
|Stevia Extract +||20 mg||N/A*|
+ Certified Organic
All ingredients are either domestically sourced or selectively imported
* Daily Value Not Established
Note: contains less than 1/100 g gluten per serving from barley.
Amount Per Serving
|Calories from Fat:||15|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|contains less than 1g||0%|
|% Daily Value||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%||Calcium 52mg||0%|
|Iron 3mg||8%||Vitamin A||0%|
* Percent Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
This product contains over 100 naturally occurring antioxidants, including:
Cycloartenol, Cycloartanol, Cycloeucalenol, 24-Methylenecycloartanol, ß-Sitosterol, 24-Methylcholesterol, ß-Sitostenol, Stigmasterol, Stigmastenol, Campesterol, a-Tocopherol, ß-Tocopherol, g-Tocopherol, d-Tocopherol, a-Tocotrienol, ß-Tocotrienol g-Tocotrienol, d-Tocotrienol, Ferulic acid, a-Lipoic acid, Methyl ferulate, Coumaric acid, Sinapic acid, Isovitexin, a-Carotene ß-Carotene, Lycopene, Lutein, Metal Chelators, Zeaxanthine, Proanthocyanidins, Campesterol, Stigmasterol, Avinasterol, Acylsterol glucoside, Oligoglycosylsterol, Monoglycosylsterol, and Methylsterol
Stabilized Rice Bran
Stabilized rice bran is one of the world's great superfoods. It's high in fiber, obviously, but also high in protein and is one of the premier sources of antioxidants. Major health components of stabilized rice bran include:
- Hypoallergenic protein with all essential amino acids
- High quality fat with all the essential fatty acids. In addition, of the total fat per serving, 38% is omega-6 and 2% of the total fat is omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in E complex vitamins (contains the highest natural source of tocopherols and tocotrienols in nature)
- Rich in B complex vitamins
- IP6 (inositol hexaphosphate)
- The only source of Gamma-Oryzanol in nature
- Minerals (including high amounts of potassium, magnesium and manganese) and trace minerals
- Polyphenols, phytosterols, and sterolins (high quantities of Beta-sitosterol and Beta-sitosterolin)
- Mixed carotenoids, including lutein and zeaxanthin
- Dimethylglycine (DMG)
- Trimethylglycine (TMG)
- Lecithin (phosphatidyl choline, phosphatidyl serine)
- Ferulic Acid
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
Presprouted Barley Powder
Before we actually get into the details of Activated Barley, we need to look briefly at barley in general.
Research conducted in Canada, the United States, and Australia has shown that barley can play a significant role in lowering blood cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Other studies have shown that non-insulin dependent diabetics (Type II) had improved blood sugar levels as a result of including barley in their diet. It should be noted that barley rates an astoundingly low 27 on the glycemic index. That's 22 percent less than skim milk! And yet which one is banned from the low carb no grain diets?
In addition, barley has high concentrations of tocotrienols, antioxidant compounds that work to suppress the activity of the first rate-limiting enzyme (HMG-CoA Reductase) in the liver, thus reducing cholesterol synthesis. And barley is one of the highest known sources of beta-glucans, carbohydrates (there's that word again) that also provides remarkable system support properties and has been shown to improve blood sugar levels and lipid levels among diabetics in clinical trials.
Historically, barley has been used for thousands of years. The Roman army marched on it. It was the primary staple of their diet. They picked up that trick from the Greek gladiators who trained on it and were known as "barley eaters." (So much for meat being the food of choice for macho men.)
In ancient Rome, a food made from sprouted barley, honey, and colostrum was used to sustain infants whose mother's died in childbirth. In more recent years, the same formula has been used by the UN to prevent starvation in 3rd world countries.
The problem with barley is that it's extremely gelatinous. All attempts to dry it and package it for commercial distribution failed until a company in Sweden figured out a way to use low-temperature steam (produced in a partial vacuum) to take the barley just up to the point of sprouting -- before it turns gelatinous, but after the point where all the proteins and carbohydrates have been converted, and at a temperature low enough so that no enzymes are damaged.
This turns out to be a remarkably interesting point for food. It's like the food is placed in a state of suspended animation at the point where all of the energy of the grain has been marshaled to sprout the pearl and not yet expended in the act of sprouting, hence the name “Activated Barley.”
- The result is a brand new superfood with unbelievable properties. Think of it like a bullet in a gun.
- The bullet in the chamber is like the barley pearl. All the energy is dormant -- unavailable.
- The bullet after it has fired and left the gun is like the barley sprout. All of the energy has been expended in the act of making the bullet shoot out of the gun -- or in this case, the barley sprout. The energy is no longer available.
- But pre-sprouted barley is different. It's like being able to freeze time at the moment the gunpowder has fired and before the bullet has left the gun. A huge amount of energy is now locked in the chamber, available in an easily used form, just waiting to be directed in any way you want. What if you could take that energy and use it for other things rather than making the bullet fly? What if you could use the energy locked in the pre-sprout phase to nourish the body rather than make the barley sprout? That would be a true superfood.
And in fact, this Activated Barley superfood produces some astounding numbers on the Bovis Scale.
If you are not familiar with the Bovis Scale, it was developed by a French physicist and quantifies or measures how positively or negatively charged a substance is. For living organisms, the key reference point on the scale is found at 6,500 Bovis Energy Units. From 0 to 6,500, the charge is in the negative range, or life-detracting, while above the 6,500 point the energy gradually becomes more positive, or life-enhancing.
The desired minimal energy level for humans is found between 8,000 to 10,000 Bovis Energy Units, or slightly positive. The Earth itself creates energy in the 7,000 to 18,000 range. This energy is also referred to as "Biophotons", which are light particles invisible to our eyes. This positive radiation is necessary to the maintenance of life on Earth.
A simple way of describing Bovis Energy Units would be to call them "Bio-Photon-Activating" Energy Units.
Bottom line: This new pre-sprouted ultra-long-chain carbohydrate found in pre-sprouted/Activated barley registers between 100,000 to 320,000 on the Bovis Scale. That is unheard of for food. The only thing I've ever seen higher than that is specially treated water.
Note: While the concept of the Bovis scale is based on sound theory, and the results on the body of the ingestion of high Bovis foods and water is clearly observable, accurate methods for measuring substances on the Bovis scale are in short supply. At this point in time, it is probably best to consider Bovis ratings as general indicators, rather than as accurately verifiable numbers.
The Properties of Activated Barley:
- Like regular barley, activated barley ranks incredibly low on the glycemic index.
- It has all of the nutritional value of barley -- high levels of tocotrienols and beta glucans.
- Activated Barley contains 1,000s of active enzymes.
- It is an ultra-long-chain carbohydrate that takes up to 4 hours to break down in the digestive tract -- thus providing a slow, sustained release of energy and insulin.
- Because the release is so slow, it actually lowers the body's insulin response.
- It provides over 400% more energy per calorie than any other food calorie known. (Despite what the USDA may tell you, not all calories are created equal.)
- Activated Barley produces readings of up to 320,000 on the Bovis scale.
Alfalfa Leaf Powder
Revered as the "father of all foods," alfalfa leaf has been eaten for centuries by people seeking a rich source of essential minerals and vitamins. Alfalfa Leaf helps the body assimilate protein, calcium and other nutrients. It is a rich source of chlorophyll, and is the richest land source of trace minerals. Alfalfa leaf also offers a rich supply of Beta Carotene, Vitamins K and D. It is high in Calcium and contains Phosphorus, Iron, Potassium and eight essential enzymes.
In addition, alfalfa leaf is a rich source of protein, vitamin A, D, E, B-6, and K and may be beneficial for cholesterol levels, reducing tissue damage from radiotherapy, jaundice, fistulas in the bile duct, cleansing the body, natural deodorizing, water retention, urinary and digestion problems.
Wheatgrass has been called one of nature's finest medicines. It contains chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins and phytonutrients that are essential for a healthy body. The benefits of wheatgrass are enormous. These include:
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Helps stop tooth decay
- Enhances hemoglobin production
- Neutralizes toxins and carcinogens in the body
- Cleans drug deposits from the body
- Purifies the liver
- Improves blood sugar disorders
- Improves the body's capability to heal wounds
- Helps digestion process
- Helps address the graying process of hair
- Removes heavy metals from the body
- Helps with acne •Helps eczema
- Soothes sore throats
- Improves strength & endurance
- Purifies the blood
- Rebuilds the blood stream
- Enhances the action of the capillaries
Oat grass has a relaxing and stimulating action that nourishes and strengthens the nervous system, and has been shown to be helpful for arthritis, rheumatism, stress, depression, debility, exhaustion, nerve tremors, epilepsy, convalescence, palpitations, nervous headache, nervous stomach, nervous breakdown, cholesterol levels, herpes, and menopause symptoms.
Green oat grass (the grass before it matures into oat straw), like other grasses, is rich in vitamins including A, B, C, E, K and pantothenic acid and minerals, including iron (39mg/Kg dry weight), manganese (8.5mg) and zinc (19.2mg), silicon dioxide (2%), calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. As such, green oat grass juice can be used to treat avitaminosis. Oat grass is rich in protein, approximately 30%, and contains all the essential amino acids along with chlorophyll, flavonoids, lecithin and enzymes. This abundance of nutrients has made oat grass a popular tonic for treating debility of convalescence when taken as a juice. Oat grass is also extremely rich in antioxidants, including polyphenols and one powerful antioxidant called tricin, a flavone compound, that exerts smooth muscle relaxing properties, making it beneficial in gastro-intestinal cramping. Green oats are also high in beta-glucan, which helps stimulate immune functions.
And, due to its ability to release bound testosterone, green oats has a profound sexual enhancing ability.
The active ingredient in guarana (guaranine) is chemically identical to caffeine -- but with one huge difference. In its natural form, it is bound to the fiber of the guarana seeds. That means guarana's stimulating component is released gently, giving you up to 5 hours of refreshing vitality.
So, unlike coffee which is harsh, quick acting, short lasting, and can increase headaches, water weight gain, and exhaustion; the energy boost from guarana is:
- Slow acting
- Long lasting
- No headaches
- Provides stamina
Banaba Leaf Extract
The blood sugar regulating properties of banaba leaf have been demonstrated in cell culture, animal and human studies. In isolated cells, the active ingredient in banaba leaf, corosolic acid, is known to stimulate glucose metabolism. In diabetic mice, rats and rabbits, banaba feeding reduces elevated insulin and blood sugar levels to normal. In humans with type II diabetes, banaba extract, at a dose of 16-48mg per day for 4-8 weeks, has been shown to be effective in reducing blood sugar levels (5%-30% reduction) and maintaining tighter control of blood sugar fluctuations. An interesting "side-effect" of tighter control of insulin and blood sugar levels is a significant tendency of banaba leaf to promote weight loss (an average of 2-4 lbs. per month) - without significant dietary alterations. It is likely that modulation of glucose metabolism and insulin levels reduces total caloric intake somewhat and encourages moderate weight loss.
European Blueberry Leaf
Blueberry leaf contains significant pharmaceutical amounts of both chlorogenic and caffeic acids (20%). New studies have shown that taken together, the unique compounds in blueberry leaf help to simultaneously reduce glucose absorption in the intestines, decrease glucose synthesis in the liver, and speed up the rate of glucose metabolism — making Blueberry Leaf a powerful ingredient in a healthy meal replacement shake. Residents of the Caucasia region of the former Soviet Union have traditionally taken medicinal teas infused with leaves of the blueberry plant, as a self treatment for imbalanced blood sugar levels, diabetes and hypoglycemia. Blueberry leaf extract is also proven to reduce total cholesterol an LDL levels and is beneficial as a food for the pancreas, while helping the problems associated with kidneys and gallbladder.
Whether in dry-leaf or concentrate form, stevia has the wonderful ability to help the body regulate blood sugar levels. Several researchers have reported that, in these natural forms, stevia seems to correct both high and low blood sugar. Other scientists have stated that stevia appears to lower blood pressure, but does not seem to affect normal blood pressure.
Australian Customs has banned the import of products containing wheatgrass derived from certain strains of wheat. Accelerator does indeed contain wheatgrass, but from a different strain of wheat than is specifically cited in the regulation, and so technically do not fall under the ban. This product can potentially be released to Australian customers for personal consumption only if they successfully apply for an import permit. Unfortunately we are not in a position to help our Australian customers obtain that permit. The problem is that if we get involved, Australian Customs insists that we provide proprietary information about our manufacturing process and our ingredient sources, which for obvious reasons we cannot do.