Looking for the ultimate muscle oil for deep tissue support? Baseline Nutritionals'® Essential Relief® works deep to relax, soothe and assist with healing.
Soothing Deep Tissue & Muscle Oil:
- Rub on skin and feel muscle oil benefits in seconds.
- Deep tissue action.
- Most powerful muscle oil formula of its kind in the world.
- Long lasting – deep tissue benefits last for hours.
- A proprietary blend utilizing the Barron Effect®.
|Serving Size||2 drops|
|Servings per Container||180|
|Click on ingredients below for more information||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|A proprietary blend of|
|DMSO - USP, GMP||N/A*|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||N/A*|
|Natural Menthol Crystals||N/A*|
|Cayenne Fruit +||N/A*|
|Calendula Flower +||N/A*|
|Arnica Flower ~||N/A*|
|St. Johns Wort Herb +||N/A*|
|Ginger Root +||N/A*|
|Emu Oil (non vegetarian)||N/A*|
+ Certified Organic, > Ethically Wild Crafted, ~ Selective Imported Herbs
This combination of essential oils may help to quickly:*
- Decrease the levels of bio-chemicals that can cause discomfort.
- Block the release of Substance P, thus slowing down the transmission of impulses along the nerves of pain, the C fibers.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Essential Relief® Instructions
Use 2-3 drops of Essential Relief®, rubbed in with fingertips.
Because the solvent action of the transporter base in this deep tissue formula is so powerful, a little goes a long way. Normal use requires only 2-3 drops to cover your entire knee, for example. 5-6 drops of Essential Relief® is enough to cover the entire lower back.
- Do not overuse. If needed, reapply in 10 minutes for additional relief.
- Use your fingertips to rub in. Avoid using your palms if possible. There is no harm in doing so. You may simply find that your palm warms up for several minutes.
- Wash your hands both before (important) and after applying Essential Relief® and avoid contact with your eyes.
- And finally, one of the formula's most amazing qualities is its residual action. You may find it reactivating 24-48 hours after it's applied when stimulated by a warm shower or by the application of a magnetic field.
Note: Because you use so little for each application, this deep tissue formula is remarkably economical. A single 1-oz. bottle is good for anywhere from 100-300 applications.
Essential Relief® Frequently Asked Questions
For severe discomfort, I sometimes need to reapply Essential Relief® several times in a few hours for relief. Can you take too much?
Each person is different. As long as you do not experience any burning or discomfort from the Essential Relief® itself, you can use as much as you wish.
Will Essential Relief® help with gout?
Again, Essential Relief® is a topical deep tissue oil. As such, it may provide short term benefit for people with gout. But it will not address the cause. 95% of people diagnosed with gout have what is in effect a self-inflicted problem with purine metabolism. Fortunately, this responds quite well to detox programs and dietary changes.
Baseline Nutritionals ® guarantees every product you purchase for 30 days from date of delivery.
We will fully reimburse your money; that's our absolute money-back guarantee.
For more information, view our Policies page.
Below you will find a list and description of all of the ingredients featured in this deep tissue formula.
Wintergreen oil is probably the most recognized scent in relief balms.
Wintergreen oil not only helps carry other herbal oils through the skin, it is also effective in relieving arthritis aches, joint stiffness, and muscle spasms.
DMSO, dimethyl sulfoxide, is MSM's bigger brother, works as a universal solvent.
Over the years, there has been much nonsense, pro and con, written about DMSO, and the FDA has had a running battle with many DMSO distributors during that time. As a result, a number of urban legends about DMSO are making their rounds. Such as:
- It is illegal. It is not illegal. It is just illegal to make healing claims for it.
- It causes blindness. It does not cause blindness. In fact, there is an experimental treatment for cataracts that has had some success that uses eyedrops made from DMSO, distilled water, and glutathione.
- It causes liver damage. Medical grade DMSO does not cause liver damage. Industrial grade may. Make sure that you use only medical grade.
- Topical use can cause a rash, blistering, itching, hives, and skin thickening. This is the one claim that has some truth to it.
- If used undiluted, it can be irritating to the skin. Always dilute.
- If you do not wash before using DMSO and you have any chemicals on the skin, the DMSO can "carry" those irritants into the skin. Always wash the area of application before using, and wash your hands before and after using.
- And a small percentage of people (less than 1%) will have a minor skin reaction to it, which goes away in a few hours. If you're one of those people, don't use it.
Bottom line: DMSO is legal, safe, and effective if you use diluted, medical grade DMSO in a proper manner -- and make no claims for it.
The major components of the "unsaponifiable fraction" of extra virgin olive oil (erythrodiol, sitosterol, and squalene), as well as of the phenolic compounds from the "polar fraction" (oleuropein, tyrosol, hydroxytyrosol and caffeic acid), have demonstrated strong anti-inflammatory effects in a number of major studies.
It has been used as a base in liniments and salves for centuries, and it enhances and promotes skin healing and aids in damaged tissue repair when used as a muscle oil.
Menthol Crystals, which comes from peppermint, is recognized for its relief capabilities. Menthol increases blood circulation and cools painful afflicted areas.
d-limonene oil is extracted from orange peels. Because of its dense electromagnetic field, limonene is one of nature's most potent natural solvents -- ache reducers.
The potent, hot fruit of cayenne has been used as medicine for centuries. Cayenne is helpful for various conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, including temporary constipation (by stimulating peristalsis), upset stomach aches, cramping, and gas.
Cayenne is also extremely beneficial for the circulatory system, helping to improve the elasticity of the walls of both the arterial and venous systems, maintaining normal blood platelet function, and working to help maintain normal blood pressure already within a normal range throughout the body.
And finally, cayenne is used in many herbal formulas as a "driver" -- to "push" the other herbs in the formula into the blood stream more quickly.
Calendula oil has been used by natural healers for hundreds of years for its reputed ability to relieve pain, reduce inflammatory, and as an antispasmodic.
Arnica oil has been used as a deep tissue oil for centuries for bruises and sprains.
St. John's Wort helps ease nerve-related ache such as sciatica, and neuralgia. In addition, St. John's Wort also helps with arthritis, and rheumatic aches.
Fresh ginger root has a long history of use in herbal medicine.
- Ginger root helps control temporary nausea, which makes it useful in morning sickness during pregnancy, as well as in intestinal activating and detoxing formulas, and in liver cleansing programs.
- Ginger root is also a strong COX 2 inhibitor.
- In the Far East and India, ginger root is renowned for its aphrodisiac properties.
MSM, also called "organic sulfur," is widely used around the world to address arthritis, back, and muscle tenderness. MSM is a close relative of DMSO.
Emu Oil is a natural emollient used by Aboriginal Australians for thousands of years for its remarkable healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the few non-vegetarian ingredients that we use, but it so improves the efficacy of our formula that we felt we had no choice but to incorporate it.
Note: it takes very little emu oil to significantly enhance the efficiency of this deep tissue formula. The oil that comes from just one emu is enough to make 30,000 bottles of Essential Relief®. When you consider that a single bottle of muscle oil is good for 200-300 applications, that means that one emu is providing between six to nine million doses.
*The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This ingredient is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.