Need Proteolytic Enzymes to boost your cardiovascular health? Then you have to try Baseline Nutritionals'® patented pHi-Zymes®. This is the world's most powerful, systemic proteolytic enzyme formula that includes Protease, Nattokinase, Endonase, and Seaprose enzymes.
pHi-Zymes® Support Cardiovascular Health, Endurance, & Performance:
- World's most powerful systemic proteolytic enzyme formula to help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Helps your body clean out and repair the cardiovascular system for health or athletic performance.
- Reduces Circulating Immune Complexes that can lead to allergies and systemic inflammation.
- Optimizes the quality of blood.
- Helps with factors that can cause autoimmune disorders.
|Serving Size||3 Capsules|
|All vegetarian formula|
|Servings per Container||30|
|Amount per Serving||1500 mg|
|Click on ingredients below for more information||Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Fungal Protease||300,000 HUT||N/A*|
|Fungal Pancreatin||1,200 USP||N/A*|
|CMIK-pH+™ Mineral Blend2||240mg||N/A*|
* Daily value not established
If you take a healthy dose of a wide ranging proteolytic (protein digesting) enzyme formula between meals, the enzymes can make their way into the blood stream with a broad array of potential health benefits. Proteolytic enzymes support the body's ability to systemically reduce inflammation and swelling, clean out and repair the cardiovascular system, minimize the risk of blood clots, reduce scar tissue, digest fibroid cysts, and digest Circulating Immune Complexes, which helps reduce the symptoms of autoimmune disorders and allergies. For athletes, proteolytic enzymes can also improve performance and reduce recovery time. Note: this formula is so powerful, so unique, and so remarkable that it is patented. pHi-Zymes® are an absolute revolution in systemic proteolytic enzymes.*
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Take 1-3 capsules a day at least 1 hour before eating.
- For detoxification, start with 2 capsules three times a day and build to 4 capsules or more three times a day -- until you notice benefits, or as recommended by your health professional. You will want to run a detox program for a minimum of 30 days (4 bottles) to as long as 12-24 months -- depending on the state of your health and how much damage you are trying to repair.
- For performance athletes, or people just interested in optimum cardiovascular health, faster recovery and repair, you can build to (and continue on) 10-12 pHi-Zymes® per day for as long as required.
pHi-Zymes® - 90 (Proteolytics) Frequently Asked Questions
Do you use magnesium stearate in any of your products?
We do not use magnesium stearate. We use vegetable sourced stearic acid. Some people claim they are identical. They are not. The simplest difference to understand is that magnesium stearate contains magnesium (Mg(C18H35O2)2). Vegetable stearate does not (C18H36O2). It is required as a flow agent whenever you send a powder with any tendency to stick through either a tableting or encapsulation machine. Otherwise the powder gums up the works and jams the equipment. Stearic acid is an essential saturated fatty acid that is found in all vegetable, seed, nut, and animal oils. Although stearic acid can be derived from several sources, including bovine, the most common source in better quality nutritional supplements is vegetable stearic acid primarily from coconut and palm oils. Incidentally, the amount of stearic acid in a typical tablet or capsule is much less than what you'll find in a salad with olive oil and vinegar dressing. (Olive oil is a source of stearic acid.)
How soon can I expect to see my pH go up after taking pHi-Zymes®?
pHi-Zymes® will certainly help in that regard, but if your primary interest is raising pH, there are far less expensive options such as coral calcium or AlkaZone Alkaline Booster Drops that will raise pH even more. Keep in mind, the primary purpose for using the CMIK pH buffering system in the pHi-Zymes® is to improve the efficacy of the formula. Raising body pH is a secondary effect -- and that effect is dose dependent. The more pHi-Zymes® you use, the more pronounced that effect will be.
I would like to know if taking Digestive Enzymes or pHi-Zymes® long-term will cause the body to shut down its own ability to produce digestive enzymes.
If that were a problem, then eating uncooked foods would shut down the body's ability to produce enzymes since all raw food is packed with digestive enzymes. When you supplement with enzymes, your body doesn't stop producing enzymes, it just redirects its energy to producing more useful metabolic enzymes.
Can children take pHi-Zymes®?
The pHi-Zymes® are really too strong for children and should not be used by them.
What effects do pHi-Zymes® have on Protein C and on coagulation?
pHi-Zymes® do not affect Protein C, which functions as an anti-coagulant. Instead, the proteolytic enzymes in pHi-Zymes® work to break down fibrin, which is a major factor in coagulation and clotting.
Does it matter what time of day to take pHi-Zymes®?
No, just make sure you don’t take them with food or they will be substantially used up digesting food. For most people, first thing in the morning and before bed at night work best – unless you snack just before bed.
Should I take both digestive enzymes and pHi-Zymes® as a regular health routine? Is one type enough?
Digestive enzymes and pHi-Zymes® are very, very different. Digestive enzymes are designed to be taken with food to aid in the digestion of that food. pHi-Zymes® are designed to be taken without food so that they make their way into the bloodstream and work there. If you want the benefits of both, you need to take both.
My feet swell when I fly, will pHi-Zymes® help?
Swelling is the result of gravity and blood pooling in the feet. pHi-Zymes® won’t help with that. On the other hand, since they help dissolve fibrin, they may help your body deal with the consequences of blood pooling and potentially clotting in the legs after a long flight.
I notice that I can breathe better on pHi-Zymes®, especially when I ski at higher altitudes. Could this be the formula?
Most definitely. The proteolytic enzymes in pHi-Zymes® help break up the protein based mucous in the lungs.
Do the pHi-Zymes® contain gluten?
There is zero gluten in pHi-Zymes®.
Here is the ingredient list for pHi-Zymes®: Ingredient List.
The bulk of the protease is literally grown from a fungus called Aspergillus niger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergillus_niger). Note: none of the fungus is in pHi-Zymes®, just the proteases that they produce, and there is no gluten in the enzymes. As for the plant based enzymes used in pHi-Zymes®, these include papaya, pineapple, and soy. There is no gluten in any of them.
You use MCU's as a unit of measure. Most other vendors use mgs indicating milligrams. What are MCU'S and what is the difference in measurement values?
MCU's are used only in reference to papain (and sometimes bromelain). It is the measure of papain's activity level. It actually stands for Milk Clotting Units. You might find the following information taken from Part 2 of Jon Barron's newsletter series on enzymes useful.
Be suspicious of any enzyme formula that lists the mgs of enzymes present as opposed to the activity level of each enzyme in the formula. Activity level is what you're after. Two batches of the same enzyme of equal weight can have wildly different activity levels. The bottom line is that, when it comes to enzymes, weight measurements are just not useful and can be downright misleading, since there is no direct relationship between weight and units of activity. In fact, an enzyme can still have a weight even if it has been destroyed and has zero activity. When comparing enzymes, if you want an apples to apples comparison, you need to compare activity levels.
The internationally recognized and accepted standard for measurement is by Food Chemical Codex (FCC) Units. This is usually expressed in different activity units for each type of enzyme, as in:
Protease – HUTs (Hemoglobin units, tyrosine basis)
Amylase – SKB (named after the creators of the test Sandstedt, Kneen, and Blish ) or DU (used in the brewing industry)
Lipase – LU
Click Below for More Information on pHi-Zymes® - 90 (Proteolytic Enzymes)
Baseline Nutritionals ® guarantees every product you purchase for 30 days from date of delivery.
We will fully reimburse your money; that's our absolute money-back guarantee.
For more information, view our Policies page.
Below you will find a list and description of all of the ingredients featured in this health supplement.
Protease enzymes digest protein. They are found in both digestive enzyme formulas and in systemic enzyme formulas such as pHi-Zymes. However, an important concept to understand is that digestive enzyme formulas and systemic/metabolic proteolytic enzyme formulas, although they may share many of the same enzymes, are not the same thing.
- When you take a digestive enzyme formula with your meal, the enzymes work on speeding up the breakdown of the food in your stomach
- When you take a proteolytic enzyme formula between meals, the enzymes do not get stuck working in your stomach. Instead, they quickly enter your bloodstream. In the bloodstream, they can help optimize your blood, plus they can also travel to tissues throughout your body to assist with intelligent, adaptive healing.
Fungal protease and fungal pancreatin are names for particular strains of protease enzymes that are optimized for different pH levels. This is important as pH levels change as you move through the digestive tract. By using strains optimized for different pH's, you are assured that the proteolytic process is optimized through the entire digestive process.
Papain is one of the most widely used proteolytic enzymes, belonging to the thiol protease group. It possesses a very powerful digestive action superior to pepsin and pancreatin. Changes in intestinal alkalinity or acidity do not interfere with the unique digestive activity of papain.
Papain, one of the most powerful plant proteolytic enzymes, derived from papaya fruit, is a catalytic agent that will act in protein digestion in an acid, alkaline, or neutral medium. This is of vital importance for those with enzyme deficiency problems, as well as for those with low hydrochloric acid output in the stomach. It is important to understand that pepsin produced in the stomach to aid in protein digestion is activated only in an acid medium. This requires a healthy output of hydrochloric acid that is insufficient in most people. Since papain does not require hydrochloric acid, many people with digestive problems will be helped by daily supplementation with papain.
Bromelain is a proteolytic digestive enzyme derived from pineapple stems that can enhance absorption of protein. It may also affect protein turnover in the body including proteins found in joint tissue. The broad substrate specificity of bromelain enables the enzyme to efficiently hydrolyze most soluble proteins. This enzyme exhibits excellent performance on both animal and vegetable proteins.
Bromelain is important as an anti-inflammatory enzyme useful in post traumatic responses and swelling and after surgery. It is also makes sense as part of an anti-aging program as it reduces tissue irritation. In addition, it helps reduce platelet aggregation, arterial plaqueing, and clot formation. Bromelain's most popular use has been to reduce joint inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis.
Nattokinase is a potent fibrinolytic enzyme extracted and highly purified from a traditional soy-based Japanese food called Natto. Natto is a fermented cheese-like food that has been used in Japan for over 1000 years for its popular taste and as a folk remedy for cardiovascular health and vascular issues or challenges. While other soy foods contain enzymes, it is only the natto preparation that contains the specific nattokinase enzyme.
What makes nattokinase particularly potent is that it enhances the body's natural ability to fight blood clots in several different ways. Because it so closely resembles plasmin, it dissolves fibrin directly. In addition, it also enhances the body's production of both plasmin and other clot-dissolving agents, including urokinase (endogenous).
The soy is not organic but is NON-GMO.
Crystalline Seaprose-S was one of the key enzymes used in the old Proteolytic Enzyme formula. It was integral to the formula because of its remarkable anti-inflammatory and anti-fluid retention activity.
In addition to reducing inflammation, it has a profound ability to reduce aches, help with mucous in the lungs and break down sputum in patients with chronic airway issues or challenges. And unlike serrapeptase, it is not affected by stomach acid so it does not require enteric coating. It is also much less upsetting to the stomach.
But from a manufacturing point of view, it is like a high-strung racehorse -- difficult to work with. So Jon looked for an alternative (for over a year) before discovering Endonase (aka Powdered Seaprose-S). Endonase has all of the benefits of crystalline Seaprose-S (and is in fact closely related to it), but offers the advantage of being less concentrated so it's much easier to work with in manufacturing, resulting in a much more consistent final formulation.
Bottom line: Endonase allows us to get all of the benefits of crystalline Seaprose-S, but with much more precise tuning. For that reason, we replaced crystalline Seaprose-S with Endonase in the new pHi-Zymes® formula.
Amylase enzymes helps your body break down and assimilate starches and carbohydrates. Supplemental amylase can also help reduce stress.
Lipase enzymes contribute to carbohydrate and fat digestive action. When added to a meal as a health supplement, lipase digests dietary fat, relieving the gallbladder, liver and the pancreas, which would otherwise need to produce the required enzymes. Protein absorption from fatty foods such as fish or seeds can be improved by incorporating supplemental lipase enzymes in the diet.
Rutin is a flavonol, a subclass of the bioflavonoids. Rutin's main benefits are that it helps strengthen capillaries and is particularly useful for those who bruise or bleed easily.
Ginger has a long history of use in herbal medicine.
- Ginger root helps control temporary nausea, which makes it useful in morning sickness during pregnancy, as well as in intestinal activating and detoxing formulas, and in liver cleansing programs.
- Ginger root is also a strong COX 2 inhibitor.
- In the Far East and India, ginger root is renowned for its aphrodisiac properties.
An optimal pH environment is crucial to the effectiveness of proteolytic enzymes. CMIK-pH+ is a proprietary blend of calcium, magnesium, ionic trace minerals, and potassium that optimizes pH – and a whole lot more.
- First, it provides extra protection for the enzymes from stomach acid. Normally, if you take your proteolytic enzymes on an empty stomach, the acid content is fairly low so they don't suffer much damage anyway – particularly if you choose your enzymes carefully. This was one of the reasons for using Seaprose-S instead of serrapeptase in the original formula. Nevertheless, CMIK-pH+ provides that "extra level" of protection. (Note: enteric coating is a pretty marginal technology when it comes to capsules. It doesn't really protect the enzymes very well.)
- It helps optimize the pH of the blood. In general, blood pH will vary very little to protect against death. However, minor changes in blood pH make a huge difference in proteolytic enzyme efficiency and oxygen availability. The impact of CMIK-pH+ in this regard is monumental.
- CMIK-pH+ helps optimize the pH of all your soft tissue. Your body will do anything to keep your blood's pH in a narrow range, that means it robs Peter to pay Paul. It steals minerals and lowers pH in your soft tissue to protect your blood if your diet is too acidic. And if you eat meat, dairy, cooked grains, desserts, and most fruit, then your diet is indeed too acid. Bottom line here is that by raising soft tissue pH, you dramatically improve the ability of proteolytic enzymes to root out CIC's embedded in that soft tissue, thus relieving allergies and reducing the possibility of autoimmune conditions.
- Finally, by providing a source of buffering minerals, CMIK-pH+ reduces the chances of osteoporosis. After all, if your body needs minerals to buffer a high acid diet, what's the biggest mineral bank in your body? Your bones! The presence of CMIK-pH+ can help offset some (or all) of that need, depending on how many pHi-Zymes® you take, so you keep minerals in your bones for strength.
*The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This ingredient is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.