Looking for the world's most powerful super food health supplement? Then you have to try Baseline Nutritionals'® Private Reserve Superfood™-- loaded with the world's top super foods and phytonutrients!
Top Super foods & Phytonutrients For Ultimate Daily Nutrition:
- Promotes overall health and longevity with the most comprehensive super food powder on the market -- high quality, hypoallergenic pea & rice protein (no soy, dairy, egg, or whey)
- Real doses of Wheatgrass, Mangosteen, Noni Powder, Spirulina, Pomegranate, Chlorella, Flower Pollen, and more
- High in Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, vitamins & minerals
- Over 200 naturally occurring antioxidants
- Over 5,000 naturally occurring enzymes
|Serving Size||1/4 cup (24 g) - 1 Scoop|
|All vegetarian formula|
|Servings Per Container||30 Scoops|
|Amount Per Serving||24,000 mg|
|Click on ingredients below for more information|
|A proprietary blend of||Amount Per Serving||Amount Per Serving|
|Premium Gold Flax Seed+||4,997mg †||Wheatgrass Juice Powder+||250mg †|
|Yellow Pea Protein (non-GMO)||2,501mg †||Nopal Opuntia+||250mg †|
|Rice Protein+||2,501mg †||Mangosteen Hull Powder#||250mg †|
|Bamboo Fiber#||2,436mg †||Noni Powder+ (5:1)||250mg †|
|Rice Bran Solubles#||1,999mg †||Aloe Powder+ (200:1)||250mg †|
|Activated Barley# ♦||1,750mg †||Cordyceps Sinensis+||199mg †|
|Wheat Sprout Powder+||1,250mg †||Camu Camu<||149mg †|
|Spirulina Powder+||1,250mg †||Graminex® Flower Pollen Extract#||127mg †|
|Chlorella Powder+||1,205mg †||Stevia Extract+ 98% Reb A||5mg †|
|Prune Powder#||1,200mg †||Astaxanthin#||5mg †|
|Carrot Juice Powder+||900mg †||Digestive Complex#||2mg †|
|Pomegranate Powder+||276mg †|
† Daily value not established
|Serving Size||1/4 cup (24 g) - 1 Scoop|
|Servings Per Container||30 Scoops|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|% Daily Value*||% Daily Value*|
§ Calories largely from Omega 3 fatty acids in flax seed
Jon Barron's Private Reserve Superfood™ is a remarkable dietary supplement loaded with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, packed with easily digestible vegan protein, providing a great source of soluble and insoluble fiber, and replenishing the missing omega-3 fatty acids so essential for good health. In addition, this health supplement, which Jon created for his own private use, energizes your metabolism with low-glycemic ultra-long-chain carbohydrates, pumps your body with over 200 hundred antioxidants, and most important of all, packs every single cell in your body with the single greatest concentration of life enhancing phytonutrients known to man. This truly is the ultimate in green superfood.*
Note: Contains less than a quarter of a gram of gluten per serving. So far, no one suffering from celiac has indicated that they have a problem with Private Reserve Superfood™.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This health supplement is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Private Reserve Superfood™ Instructions
Blend 1 scoop, 1-2 times per day of the Private Reserve Superfood™ into a shake, or take with diluted juice. Here's a sample recipe:
- 1 scoop Private Reserve Superfood™
- 4 oz juice (apple, pear, or peach work nicely)
- 8 oz water
- Mix until blended. Enjoy.
|Antioxidants & Enzymes|
|This product contains over 200 naturally occurring antioxidants, and nearly 5,000 naturally occurring enzymes, including:|
|Neochlorogenic and chlorogenic acid, 400 carotenoids, Ellagitanins, Xanthones, Gamma mangostin, Preoexeronine, Acemannan, Cycloartenol, Cycloartanol, Cycloeucalenol, 24-Methylenecycloartanol, ß-Sitosterol, 24-Methylcholesterol, ß-Sitostenol, Stigmasterol, Stigmastenol, Campesterol, a-Tocopherol, ß-Tocopherol, g-Tocopherol, d-Tocopherol, a-Tocotrienol, ß-Tocotrienol, g-Tocotrienol, d-Tecotrienol, Furulic acid, a-Lipoic, Methyl ferulate, Coumaric acid, Sinapic acid, Isovitexin, a-Carotene, ß-Carotene, Lycopene, Lutein, Zeaxanthine, Proanthocyanidins, Campesterol, Stigmasterol, Avinasterol, Acylsterol glucoside, Oligoglycosyleterol, Monoglycosylsterol, and Methylsterol.|
Private Reserve Superfood™ Frequently Asked Questions
Are the ingredients in the Jon Barron's Private Reserve Superfood™ all raw (unheated)?
Because all of the ingredients in the Superfood go through minimal processing and exposure to heat, they qualify as raw. Understand, ingredients such as the chlorella are no longer technically living as they have had their cell walls broken for digestibility. But the process used for breaking down the chlorella is mechanical (sound vibration in water), not heat based.
Can I use Jon Barron's Private Reserve Superfood™ as a replacement for the multi-vitamin I now take? I also take Jon's Probiotic Formula daily, as well as his Digestive Enzymes with each meal.
Actually, the Private Reserve Superfood™ was specifically designed NOT to be a replacement for a daily multi-vitamin. You might want to read exactly what the formula does and does not do.
Would the Private Reserve Superfood™ be appropriate for children?
Check with your pediatrician to make sure it's right for your child. That said, a number of parents give their children shakes made with Super Food, although it is not specifically recommended for children.
I am in my mid-20s and exercise vigorously everyday. I would like to boost my athletic ability, would the Superfood health supplement work?
Absolutely, the formulas that we're hearing athletes rave about are the combination of Private Reserve Superfood™ and Nutribody Protein® (shakes made with a scoop of each). Major athletes (world class mountain climbers, body builders, cyclists, and martial artists) are telling us of dramatically improved performance and endurance and muscle development using this combination. The other formula that is getting high marks is the pHi-Zymes which dramatically improves oxygen flow and lactic acid removal. As a side note, Jon Barron has used these formulas to develop a performance building nutritional program for one of America's major
bike racing teams.
I have severe allergies to anything containing "gluten." Does the Private Reserve Superfood™ contain gluten?
Gluten is the main protein in wheat. Most people have some degree of allergy to it. Some people have a severe allergic reaction to it. This is primarily the result of the large gluten proteins entering the blood stream and forming circulating immune complexes. Even though we do not use wheat, or wheat based products, in any of our formulas, there is a small amount of gluten in the wheat sprout and wheatgrass used in Private Reserve Superfood™, but the amount per serving is negligible. In addition, the process of sprouting significantly reduces the allergy-producing potential of even that negligible amount of gluten. There is also a trace amount of gluten in the Activated Barley (1/4 of percent). So far, no one suffering from celiac has indicated that they have a problem with our Private Reserve Superfood™ or Accelerator™ health supplement.
Is the chlorella in your products "broken cell wall" chlorella?
Yes, the Chlorella in the Private Reserve Superfood™ and Metal Magic™ is "broken cell wall" chlorella.
Click Below for More Information on Private Reserve Superfood™
Baseline Nutritionals ® guarantees every product you purchase for 30 days from date of delivery.
We will fully reimburse your money; that's our absolute money-back guarantee.
For more information, view our Policies page.
Private Reserve Superfood™ Ingredients
Below you will find a list and description of all of the ingredients featured in our Superfood health supplement.
Flax is one of the richest sources of valuable omega-3 fatty acids, with 57% of its fat being omega-3's -- the equivalent of a 10 oz serving of fresh wild salmon in every 10 grams. The problem with using pre-ground flax, however, is that it normally begins to oxidize and go rancid within minutes of being ground and exposed to oxygen and light. Premium Gold Flax utilizes a patented seed selection and cleaning process that results in a superior flaxseed that remains stable under a wide variety of food processing, distribution, and handling conditions for up to two years after the milling of the seed. The full nutritional value of flaxseed is delivered where it's intended---in the food products you purchase from Baseline Nutritionals. In addition, Premium Gold Flax offers a super fine grind specifically for use in beverages that mixes beautifully and helps give a wonderful creamy texture to your health supplement drink. Benefits of regular flax consumption include:
- The omega-3's fatty acids in flax have been proven to lower high blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels by as much as 25% and 65% respectively. They are necessary for proper eyesight, healthy skin, sperm formulation, brain development, and adrenal function. And they also decrease the probability of blood clots blocking an artery.
- Omega-3's also lower high blood pressure and help to decrease allergic responses in the body and help reduce all forms of inflammation in the body.
- Flaxseed is one of the richest sources of lignans, a type of beneficial phytoestrogen. In fact, flax provides 75 - 800 times more plant lignans than virtually any other known plant source.
- Flaxseed contains approximately 28% soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, with about 30 - 40% of the total being soluble. Research has shown that fiber lowers cholesterol, modulates glucose, and improves gastro-intestinal function. Sufficient fiber in the diet is vital to good health. The average American only consumes about 8.75 grams of fiber per day, but you need between 25-30 grams of fiber a day.
- And finally, since flaxseed contains all of the essential amino acids, it is a good source of complete protein.
Pea protein is the perfect complement to rice protein for several reasons. First, it offers an improved amino acid profile. Like rice protein, it contains all nine essential amino acids, but is especially high in lysine, the amino acid that rice protein is most deficient in. The bottom line is that when used in combination, rice protein and yellow pea protein offer a Protein Efficiency Ratio that begins to rival dairy and egg – but without their potential to promote allergic reactions. In addition, the texture of pea protein helps smooth out the "chalkiness" of rice protein.
Brown rice protein is an excellent source of vegan, hypo-allergenic protein (unlike dairy, egg, and soy proteins). In addition, brown rice is a complete protein, with one of the highest Protein Efficiency Ratios known. The Protein Efficiency Ratio (PER) is the measure of actual protein available for the body to use. The PER is connected to the percentage of the protein actually digested by the body. With rice protein, after 4 hours, better than 80% of the protein has been digested, compared to only about 57% for soy. The problem with rice protein, however, is that even though its taste is mild, it can tend to add a chalky consistency to anything it is added to. For that reason we blended it with Yellow Pea Protein.
Bamboo fiber represents a "new" type of dietary fiber derived from the fiber-rich parts of bamboo plants. It consists of more than 90% water insoluble fiber that cannot be broken down by the human body, so it bulks in the stomach, removes undesired metabolic by-products and shortens intestinal transit time. Bamboo fiber also provides a wonderful, almost milk-like, consistency to the formula.
Stabilized rice bran is one of the world's great superfoods. It's high in fiber, obviously, but also high in protein and is one of the premier sources of antioxidants. Major health components of stabilized rice bran include:
- Hypoallergenic protein with all essential amino acids
- High quality fat with all the essential fatty acids. In addition, of the total fat per serving, 38% is omega-6 and 2% of the total fat is omega-3 fatty acids
- Rich in E complex vitamins (contains the highest natural source of tocopherols and tocotrienols in nature)
- Rich in B complex vitamins
- IP6 (inositol hexaphosphate)
- The only source of Gamma-Oryzanol in nature
- Minerals (including high amounts of potassium, magnesium and manganese) and trace minerals
- Polyphenols, phytosterols, and sterolins (high quantities of Beta-sitosterol and Beta-sitosterolin)
- Mixed carotenoids, including lutein and zeaxanthin
- Dimethylglycine (DMG)
- Trimethylglycine (TMG)
- Lecithin (phosphatidyl choline, phosphatidyl serine)
- Ferulic Acid
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
Before we actually get into the details of Activated Barley, we need to look briefly at barley in general.
Research conducted in Canada, the United States, and Australia has shown that barley can play a significant role in lowering blood cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic subjects. Other studies have shown that non-insulin dependent diabetics (Type II) had improved blood glucose levels as a result of including barley in their diet. It should be noted that barley rates an astoundingly low 27 on the glycemic index. That's 22 percent less than skim milk! And yet which one is banned from the low carb no grain diets?
In addition, barley has high concentrations of tocotrienols, antioxidant compounds that work to suppress the activity of the first rate-limiting enzyme (HMG-CoA Reductase) in the liver, thus reducing cholesterol synthesis. And barley is one of the highest known sources of beta-glucans, carbohydrates (there's that word again) that have remarkable immune boosting properties and have been shown to improve blood glucose and lipid levels among diabetics in clinical trials.
Historically, barley has been used for thousands of years. The Roman army marched on it. It was the primary staple of their diet. They picked up that trick from the Greek gladiators who trained on it and were known as "barley eaters." (So much for meat being the food of choice for macho men.)
In ancient Rome, a food made from sprouted barley, honey, and colostrum was used to sustain infants whose mother's died in childbirth. In more recent years, the same formula has been used by the UN to address starvation in 3rd world countries.
The problem with barley is that it's extremely gelatinous. All attempts to dry it and package it for commercial distribution failed until a company in Sweden figured out a way to use low-temperature steam (produced in a partial vacuum) to take the barley just up to the point of sprouting -- before it turns gelatinous, but after the point where all the proteins and carbohydrates have been converted, and at a temperature low enough so that no enzymes are damaged.
This turns out to be a remarkably interesting point for food. It's like the food is placed in a state of suspended animation at the point where all of the energy of the grain has been marshaled to sprout the pearl -- and not yet expended in the act of sprouting.
The result is a brand new superfood with unbelievable properties. Think of it like a bullet in a gun.
- The bullet in the chamber is like the barley pearl. All the energy is dormant -- unavailable.
- The bullet after it has fired and left the gun is like the barley sprout. All of the energy has been expended in the act of making the bullet shoot out of the gun -- or in this case, the barley sprout. The energy is no longer available.
- But pre-sprouted barley is different. It's like being able to freeze time at the moment the gunpowder has fired and before the bullet has left the gun. A huge amount of energy is now locked in the chamber, available in an easily used form, just waiting to be directed in any way you want. What if you could take that energy and use it for other things rather than making the bullet fly? What if you could use the energy locked in the pre-sprout phase to nourish the body rather than make the barley sprout? That would be a true superfood.
And in fact, this superfood produces some astounding numbers on the Bovis Scale.
If you are not familiar with the Bovis Scale, it was developed by a French physicist and quantifies or measures how positively or negatively charged a substance is. For living organisms, the key reference point on the scale is found at 6,500 Bovis Energy Units. From 0 to 6,500, the charge is in the negative range, or life-detracting, while above the 6,500 point the energy gradually becomes more positive, or life-enhancing.
The desired minimal energy level for humans is found between 8,000 to 10,000 Bovis Energy Units, or slightly positive. The Earth itself creates energy in the 7,000 to 18,000 range. This energy is also referred to as "Biophotons", which are light particles invisible to our eyes. This positive radiation is necessary to the maintenance of life on Earth.
A simple way of describing Bovis Energy Units would be to call them "Bio-Photon-Activating" Energy Units.
Bottom line: This new pre-sprouted ultra-long-chain carbohydrate found in pre-sprouted barley registers between 100,000 to 320,000 on the Bovis Scale. That is unheard of for food. The only thing I've ever seen higher than that is specially treated water.
Note: While the concept of the Bovis scale is based on sound theory, and the results on the body of the ingestion of high Bovis foods and water is clearly observable, accurate methods for measuring substances on the Bovis scale are in short supply. At this point in time, it is probably best to consider Bovis ratings as general indicators, rather than as accurately verifiable numbers.
The Properties of Activated Barley
- Like regular barley, it ranks incredibly low on the glycemic index.
- It has all of the nutritional value of barley -- high levels of tocotrienols and beta glucans.
- It contains 1,000s of active enzymes.
- It is an ultra-long-chain carbohydrate that takes up to 4 hours to break down in the digestive tract -- thus providing a slow, sustained release of energy and insulin.
- Because the release is so slow, it actually lowers the body's insulin response.
- It provides over 400% more energy per calorie than any other food calorie known. (Despite what the USDA may tell you, not all calories are created equal.)
- It produces readings of up to 320,000 on the Bovis scale.
In addition to bringing a wonderfully sweet taste to any superfood formula, wheat sprouts also bring enhanced antioxidants, enzymes, phytonutrients, and coenzymes to the mix. In addition, they offer immune enhancement and detoxifying abilities and are an excellent source of vitamins C and E and protein.
Spirulina is a blue-green algae containing complete, balanced protein and a wide range of valuable phytonutrients. Spirulina is approximately 70% easily digestible protein and contains 18 out of 22 amino acids, including all of the essential amino acids, making it a great vegetarian source of complete protein. Even better, spirulina protein is 95% digestible compared to meat sources, which may be only 20% digestible. In addition, spirulina is an excellent source of B vitamins, vitamin E, highly bioavailable iron, and supports your body's natural ability to cleanse itself of some unwanted elements.
In addition to being a great source of protein and all round nutrition, chlorella also has some very specialized benefits.
- Chlorella is a powerful aid to detox heavy metals and pesticides. Numerous research projects in the U.S. and Europe indicate that chlorella can also aid the body in breaking down persistent hydrocarbon and metallic toxins such as mercury, cadmium and lead, DDT and PCB while strengthening the immune system response. In Japan, interest in chlorella has focused largely on its detoxifying properties - its ability to remove or neutralize poisonous substances from the body.
- Chlorella gets its name from the high amount of chlorophyll it possesses. Chlorella contains more chlorophyll per gram than any other plant. This makes chlorella a great blood purifier and a great stimulator for the production of red blood cells in the body.
- Chlorella stimulates the activity of macrophages and T-cells by increasing interferon levels thus enhancing the immune system's ability to combat foreign invaders.
- Chlorella is alkaline and helps balance your body's pH.
- Studies have shown that chlorella tends to normalize blood sugar in cases of hypoglycemia.
Prunes have been the subject of repeated health research for their high content of unique phytonutrients called neochlorogenic and chlorogenic acid. These damage-preventing substances are particularly effective in neutralizing a particularly dangerous oxygen radical called the superoxide anion radical, and they have also been shown to assist with oxygen-based damage to fats. Since our cell membranes, brain cells and molecules such as cholesterol are largely composed of fats, preventing free radical damage to fats is a significant benefit. In fact, prunes have the highest Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity of any food tested.
It is not an accident that carotenoids and carrots share the same root name. Carrot juice powder contains over 400 known carotenoids, in addition to offering one of the highest sources of true beta-carotene. And of course, it adds a wonderfully sweet taste to the final mix.
In the past few years, studies of pomegranates have shown components that inhibit high blood pressure and atherosclerosis. Pomegranate juice is an antioxidant powerhouse, packed with both the polyphenols that have made red wine and green tea famous and the ellagitannins. According to an article in the Journal of Clinical Nutrition, people who drank just 2 ounces of pomegranate juice a day for a week increased antioxidant activity by some 9 percent. Supplementation with pomegranate extract makes sense if you are looking at maintaining a healthy heart, reducing bad cholesterol, lowering blood pressure, and protecting against free radicals and aging.
Wheatgrass has been called one of nature's finest medicines. It contains chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins and phytonutrients that are essential for a healthy body. The benefits of wheatgrass are enormous. These include:
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Helps stop tooth decay
- Enhances hemoglobin production
- Neutralizes toxins and carcinogens in the body
- Cleans drug deposits from the body
- Purifies the liver
- Improves blood sugar disorders
- Improves the body's capability to heal wounds
- Helps digestion process
- Helps address the graying process of hair
- Removes heavy metals from the body
- Helps with acne
- Helps eczema
- Soothes sore throats
- Improves strength & endurance
- Purifies the blood
- Rebuilds the blood stream
- Enhances the action of the capillaries
Nopal cactus is native to the southwestern desert regions of the United States and Mexico, and has a whole range of health benefits (all proven in numerous studies, both animal and human). These include the ability to:
- Lower blood sugar levels by blocking absorption of sugar in the intestinal tract
- Lower overall cholesterol levels, improve the ratio of HDL to LDL cholesterol, and lower triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure
- Induce weight-loss by curbing appetite and facilitating the breakdown and excretion of fat
- Support the liver and pancreas as demonstrated by improved liver function and increased insulin production over time
- Block the absorption of fat
- Cleanse the bladder and lymphatic systems
Mangosteen contains a unique group of antioxidants called xanthones. Xanthones, particularly beta and gamma mangostin, work to maintain the immune system, support cardiovascular health, optimize joint flexibility, and are some of the most powerful antioxidants found in nature (over 14 times the Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity of red raspberries). In addition, recent studies have confirmed that gamma mangostin is a potent COX inhibitor.
The active biochemical in noni powder, proxeronine, is readily converted in the body to xeronine, an alkaloid, which is present, and necessary, in virtually every cell in the body. Raising the levels of xeronine to optimum levels can produce profound health effects, and noni appears unique in its ability to accomplish this. It also appears unique in its ability to trigger the release of nitric oxide from the body's cells. Nitric oxide is a key component in optimizing blood pressure, alleviating erectile dysfunction, and it's also associated with optimizing learning, memory, sleeping, and reducing the aches associated with inflammation and/or rheumatoid arthritis.
Aloe vera is an amazing mixture of more than 200 constituents, including polysaccharides, enzymes, glycoproteins, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. The active polysaccharide fractions in aloe are called galacto-mannans or beta-glucomannans (also known as acemannans). These polysaccharides have been shown in laboratory studies to act as a bridge between foreign proteins and macrophage cells in the human body, facilitating the destruction of the invading protein by the macrophage. Among their documented benefits are:
- Improve overall cellular metabolism and functioning
- Reduce inflammation
- Provide critical lubrication of joints; and helps with arthritis
- Aid in the absorption of water, minerals and nutrients in the GI tract
- Improve vascular flow
- Reduce scarring
- Improve macrophage activity as much as tenfold
- Enhance macrophage effectiveness in modulating the entire immune system
- Enhance macrophage effectiveness in stimulating, producing, and releasing antibodies
- Increase the body's own production of interferon, interleukins
- Increase the number of antibody forming T-cells in the spleen
- Increase the number and activity of killer T-cell and increase monocyte activity
- Helps with athletic injuries such as: Muscle cramps, Sprains, Strains, Bruises, Swelling, Soreness, Tendonitis, and Bursitis.
- Soothe and promote the healing of intestinal disorders such as: Indigestion, Heartburn, Hyper-acidity, Peptic and Duodenal Ulcers, Colitis, and Hemorrhoids
- Help with diabetes
- Speed wound healing by as much as 35%
- Reduce allergic reactions
- Stimulate bone marrow activity
- Stimulate fibroblasts to release collagen and elastin to make new tissue
Cordyceps Mushroom has properties similar to those of ginseng and has been used for immune system support and to rebuild the body after strenuous exercise.
Recent research with extracts of cordyceps has yielded a protein-bound polysaccharide with high immunological enhancement. Cordyceps Mushroom is one of the most valued fungi in all Chinese medicine, among the most potent, and is widely employed to support respiratory health, sexual desire, immune system health, by athletes to increase endurance, and for overall immune system support.
Camu-Camu is the single most concentrated source of Vitamin C found in nature, containing 30 to 60 times more vitamin C than an orange. Camu-Camu also contains thiamin, riboflavin and niacin and is rich in bioflavonoids.
Years ago, bee pollen was "the" superfood in the alternative health industry – and for good reason. But over time, it was replaced by the next "hot" thing and the next hot thing after that. The simple truth, though, is that pollen still ranks as probably the single greatest superfood ingredient yet discovered. Just because something is old doesn't make it out of date. And, in fact, it has improved with age.
Years ago it was available only in the form of fresh bee pollen. Flower pollen extract, though, which wasn't even possible until advanced manufacturing methods were invented, is a much, much more powerful health supplement than the original.
Its first advantage is that unlike bee pollen, flower pollen is remarkably clean (containing no bee parts or dirt) and is therefore close to allergy free.
It is also far more digestible. It is harvested directly from the flower, totally bypassing the bees. In addition, unlike bee pollen, which contains the whole pollen grain, Graminex is an extract of the actual nutritive heart of the pollen – eliminating the hard to digest and allergy causing outer pollen husk. Graminex flower pollen extract contains virtually every single known compound necessary for life, including: vitamins, amino acids, nucleic acids, minerals, long chain alcohols, unsaturated fatty acids, prostaglandin precursors, and plant hormones – not to mention several thousand enzymes.
Because it has been around so long, flower pollen, and Graminex in particular, are backed by mountains of clinical studies -- particularly in terms of its benefits vis-à-vis the prostate.
This is a remarkable superfood ingredient.
Whether in dry-leaf or concentrate form, stevia has the wonderful ability to help the body regulate blood sugar. Several researchers have reported that, in these natural forms, stevia seems to correct both high and low blood sugar. Other scientists have stated that stevia appears to lower blood pressure, but does not seem to affect normal blood pressure.
The astaxanthin molecule is similar to beta-carotene, but all evidence indicates that it is a far more powerful biological antioxidant. Astaxanthin exhibits strong free radical scavenging activity and protects against lipid peroxidation and oxidative damage of LDL-cholesterol, cell membranes, and body tissues. It is extremely powerful at even very low levels. A normal supplemental dose is just 4 mg a day. And finally, astaxanthin has been the focus of a large and growing number of peer-reviewed scientific publications. Some of the findings include:
- Astaxanthin increases strength and endurance (2 - 8 times greater increase over baseline verses placebo in human clinical study).
- Astaxanthin alleviates symptoms in patients with H. pylori (pre-ulcer indigestion).
- Astaxanthin protects cells and mitochondrial membranes from oxidative damage, thus protecting the cell from oxidative damage.
- Astaxanthin boosts immune system by increasing the number of antibody-producing cells.
- Astaxanthin inhibits lipid peroxidation that causes plaque formation.
- Astaxanthin alleviates stress and may assist in neurodegenerative conditions such as AMD, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS.
- Astaxanthin protects the eyes and skin from UV A and B damage by quenching singlet and triplet oxygen.
- Astaxanthin reduces the number of new and abnormal cells in the liver.
Consisting of aspirgillis-derived enzymes and charged electrolytes, Digestive Complex is a "green food activator" that increases the bioavailability of any green food supplement by 12 to 49 percent.
*The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This ingredient is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.