Looking for the ultimate metabolic enhancer? Glucotor® v.2 helps support your body's ability to maintain healthy blood sugar levels and optimize glucose metabolism.
Sugar & Lipid Metabolic Enhancement Health Supplement
- Enhances the body's ability to metabolize glucose and fats.
- Helps your body smooth sugar spikes from high glycemic meals.
- Mimics the life extension potential of calorie restricted diets.
- Contains Gymnema Sylvestre to support healthy blood sugar levels.
- Formulated with Cinnulin PF, a cinnamon extract to improve glucose metabolism.
- Supports pancreas and liver health.
- Watch Video - The Link Between Insulin, Aging, and Diabetes
Despite claims you may see on some internet sites, Glucotor® v.2 is not a diabetes formula and is not sold as a diabetes supplement.
Glucotor® v.2 is a natural dietary supplement that may help manage many of the problems associated with bad diet (particularly sugars and high glycemic foods) -- and may also help your body in rebuilding those very organs (such as the pancreas and liver) that have been damaged by poor diet. And finally, studies have shown that the ingredients in Glucotor® v.2 may mimic the effects of calorie restricted diets, thereby possibly extending life itself. This is very exciting.*
Special Instructions on Using Glucotor®v.2:
Glucotor®v.2 continues to be a great seller, thanks in part to editorials in alternative health newsletters recognizing its benefits. This is exciting, but one problem with a massive buying frenzy like this is that it brings in many brand new customers who are not familiar with either Jon Barron's Baseline of Health philosophy or his book, Lessons from the Miracle Doctors. In other words, people end up buying Glucotor®v.2 thinking it's like a drug or a magic bullet. But it's not. It's only a piece of the puzzle. Or as Jon Barron in Chapter 2 of his book, Lessons from the Miracle Doctors:
"The bottom line is that the same supplement used by two different people for the same condition can produce two entirely different results. What does that mean? It means that gulping down "miracle herbs" and "miracle supplements" to treat disease is like trying to hit a clay pigeon in the sky, with a 22-caliber rifle . . . while blindfolded. The odds are very much against you.
"The secret to health, the secret to all the success that the great alternative healers share, is that they look to raise every inch of a person's Personal Health Line. If you do that, if you raise the entire line, the odds are in your favor. In fact, it's almost impossible to miss."
That said, it's important to understand that Glucotor®v.2 does indeed work for a large percentage of people.
But Not for Everyone
Recently, we have heard from a few new customers who have bought Glucotor®v.2 who tell us that it didn't help, or that their blood sugar went up, or even that their blood pressure went up. How can this be?
Well first of all, some people, particularly as they get older, don't have sufficient stomach acid to quickly break down capsules. For some supplements, this is not that big of a factor (as long as the capsules eventually break down); but for Glucotor®v.2, the timing of the capsule breakdown is very important. The capsule has to break down before it enters your intestines, or the special fibers in the Glucotor®v.2 will not work properly in the small intestine, which is where carbohydrates are absorbed. In other words, it will start working too late, and you will lose much of the benefit.
That is why we recommend that if you find you are not seeing the results you are looking for from using the Glucotor®v,2, try taking it out of the capsule and mixing it in a little water and downing it quickly. You don't want to keep it in your mouth too long or it will kill your taste buds for an hour. This, of course, is not harmful, but it can make certain foods taste terrible.
Taking More Capsules
Another question that comes up is: "Will taking more capsules at one time help?" And the answer is, "Yes, sometimes it will." Some people have indeed found that taking 2 capsules about 15-20 minutes before eating and then another 2 with food has significantly improved the result.
However, there is another factor to consider here. Some of the ingredients in Glucotor ®v.2 work quickly in the small intestine, but some of the ingredients work more slowly by nutritionally supporting your body's physiological response. For example, Cinnulin, can take 30-40 days of regular use before its benefits are noticed. The Gymnema sylvestre is another example. It takes time for it to properly support your pancreas.
Give it a Chance
The bottom line is don't necessarily look for instant results from Glucotor®v.2. Give it some time. We offer a guarantee on all our products. You have up to 30 days from date of delivery to find out if Glucotor®v.2 works for you. For more information, view our Policies page
Working in Reverse
Which brings us to the handful of people who told us their blood sugar and blood pressure rose while using Glucotor®v.2. Well, first of all, there is nothing in Glucotor®v.2 to make blood pressure or blood sugar go up. It is a mix of special fibers that have the ability to support your body's carbohydrate metabolism. Anything is possible, but negative reactions are extremely unlikely.
Our recommendation is to start slowly and build up your dosage over a couple of weeks. Start by taking 1 capsule a day with just one meal a day. After 3-4 days, pick it up to 2 capsules a day, then 3. Ultimately, moving to 6 capsules a day (2 per each meal). See if that doesn't help.
But there may be another factor involved here - maybe not for everyone, but as our customer support people have found, at least for some of you. It seems that some people have looked at Glucotor®v.2 as a free pass to eat whatever high glycemic foods they want. In other words, with proper diet and drugs, they were able to keep their blood sugar under control. Then they bought Glucotor®v.2 and decided to see if they could drop the medication, use Glucotor®v.2 instead of their medication, and at the same time switch their diet to eat all of the worst foods they could imagine (but had denied themselves while on medication) and see if their blood sugar still stayed under control.
Amazingly, in some cases, that approach actually has worked, but in many cases, of course, it won't. Look, if all Glucotor®v.2 does is help your body's carbohydrate metabolism to the point where your doctor decides to have you reduce or even eliminate the amount of prescription medication you take, that's a huge win for you healthwise - even if you still have to carefully watch your diet. If you have a borderline blood sugar problem and Glucotor®v.2 helps your body completely normalize its carbohydrate metabolism, that's a huge win for you too. But it was not designed to be a free pass for bad behavior. So we hope that doesn't describe you.
Play by the rules when first using Glucotor®v.2. Once you get into a groove with it and it's helping you in a way you feel comfortable with, then if you want, you can try reintroducing one or two of your old favorite "naughty" foods. But, and consider your wrist slapped, under no circumstances should you use Glucotor®v.2 as an excuse to go crazy.
But you knew that, didn't you?
The Bottom Line
Don't necessarily look for instant results from Glucotor®v.2. Give it some time. We offer a guarantee on all our products. You have up to 30 days from date of delivery to find out if Glucotor®v.2 works for you.
Which brings us back to where we started. Glucotor®v.2 is merely a piece of the puzzle. Ideally, you want to be doing the whole Baseline of Health Program. If you have not already done so, it will be well worth your while to read Jon's book, Lessons from the Miracle Doctors. If you have access to a computer, you can download a free copy at Jon Barron's Baseline of Health Foundation website at www.jonbarron.org/. Or you can buy a hard copy from us for just $17.95 as part of your next order. Doing the whole program can be life changing.
Take 1-2 capsules of Glucotor® v.2 5-10 minutes before eating. Start slowly and build to desired dosage.
Note: some people have a problem digesting the capsules quickly enough. If you do not get the results you expect, try taking the Glucotor® v.2 out of the capsules and having it with a little applesauce or mixed in a small glass of water.
Not recommended if trying to conceive. Talk to your doctor before using if you are taking medications for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, or heart disease.
|Serving Size:||2 Vegetarian Capsules|
|Servings per Container:||90|
|Amount per Serving:||1100 mg|
|Container Size:||180 Capsules|
|Click ingredient for more information|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Konjac Mannan||234 mg||N/A*|
|Gymnema Sylvestre 25%||192 mg||N/A*|
|Fenugreek Extract 60-80%||192 mg||N/A*|
|Bitter Melon Extract 4:1||66 mg||N/A*|
|Cinnulin PF ® *||100 mg||N/A*|
|1% Corosolic Acid Banaba Leaf||16 mg||N/A*|
|Other ingredients: Vegetable Gelatin|
All ingredients are either domestically sourced or selectively imported
* Daily Value Not Established
*Cinnulin PF is a registered trademark of Integrity Nutraceuticals
No materials used to produce this product are derived from or contain any Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
All Vegan and Vegetarian Formula
Nopal Cactus is native to the southwestern desert regions of the United States and Mexico, and has a whole range of health benefits (all proven in numerous studies, both animal and human). These include the ability to:
- Lower blood sugar levels by blocking absorption of sugar in the intestinal tract
- Lower overall cholesterol levels, improve the ratio of HDL to LDL cholesterol, and lower triglycerides.
- Lower blood pressure
- Induce weight-loss by curbing appetite and facilitating the breakdown and excretion of fat
- Support the liver and pancreas as demonstrated by improved liver function and increased insulin production over time
- Block the absorption of fat
- Cleanse the bladder and lymphatic systems
Like nopal cactus, konjac mannan benefits the human body in numerous ways. Studies have shown that it can:
- Lower blood sugar levels by ameliorating insulin resistance
- Improve cholesterol profiles by binding to cholesterol and removing it as waste
- Dramatically lower triglycerides
- Lower blood pressure in a matter of weeks
- Reduce constipation in as little as three days
- Help people lose weight and then keep that weight off (significant weight-loss for about 10 weeks, followed by indefinite stabilization)
Gymnema Sylvestre 25%
Gymnema sylvestre may be the classic "anti sugar" herb. In India, its name literally means "The Sugar Destroyer." Gymnema sylvestre offers several unique benefits in this dietary supplement.
- It significantly reduces the metabolic effects of sugar by helping keep the intestines from absorbing the sugar molecules during the process of digestion, and it accomplishes this through a different mechanism than any of the other ingredients. The active molecule in gymnema sylvestre, called gymnemic acid, works by "filling" the sugar receptor sites in the intestine – making them unavailable to ingested sugars.
- It reduces the symptoms of glycosuria (sugar in the urine).
- It has been shown to regenerate the islets of Langerhans in the pancreas, especially the beta cells. In tests on diabetic rats, the pancreas doubled in size and grew new insulin-producing cells. This is very significant.
- Gymnema sylvestre stimulates the insulin secretion of the pancreas.
- Over time, it reduces the taste for sugar in much the same way that it helps keep the intestines from absorbing sugar. The gymnemic acid blocks the receptor sites of the taste buds. (In fact, put some on your tongue, and it will stop all taste for sugar for a couple of hours.)
Fenugreek Extract 60-80%
Historically, fenugreek has been used to help both respiratory and stomach ailments. Specifically it is used for allergies, bronchitis, high cholesterol levels, diabetes, digestive ailments, emphysema, intestinal gas, gastrointestinal spasms, headaches, lung problems, mucous congestion and skin eruptions.
As far back as ancient Egypt, fenugreek extract was prized for its healing properties. However, its strong bitter taste and its tendency to produce strong odors in sweat and urine made it less than optimal as a substantial component of any health supplement - until now. Recently, a tasteless, odorless fenugreek extract with a 60-80% galactomannan content was developed. This allows access to all of fenugreek's benefits, with none of the downside. Benefits include:
- Decreases the glycemic incidence of food (In studies, the unique galactomannan ratio of galactose and mannose in fenugreek reduced urinary sugar levels of participants by as much as 54%)
- Decreases insulin response to food and helps maintain normal serum glucose levels (by slowing down the absorption rate of carbohydrates, thereby lowering the insulin requirement)
- Inhibits absorption of fats. (The steroidal saponins account for many of the beneficial effects of fenugreek, particularly the inhibition of cholesterol absorption and synthesis.)
- Aids in weight-loss by increasing the sense of fullness
Bitter Melon Extract 4:1
At least three different groups of constituents in bitter melon have been reported to have blood-sugar lowering actions of potential benefit in diabetes mellitus. These include a mixture of steroidal saponins known as charantin, insulin-like peptides, and alkaloids. It is still unclear which of these is most effective, or if all three work together. Already, some clinical trials have confirmed the benefit of bitter melon for people with diabetes. (Raman A, Lau C. Anti-diabetic properties and phytochemistry of Momordica charantia L (Curcurbitaceae). Phytomed 1996;2:349–62.)
Early studies suggest that one of the components of bitter melon extract may be helpful in slowing the growth or spread of some types of malignant cells.
Note: There is some evidence that couples looking to conceive should not use bitter melon. One study in particular showed that bitter melon may have antispermatogenic activity. The study is far from conclusive, and even if true, the results are temporary -- with spermatogenic activity quickly returning to normal upon ceasing ingestion.
Cinnulin PF ® *
A Cinnulin PF is a water soluble polyphenol Type A polymer that is the only cinnamon extract validated in studies by the USDA to:
- Improve your body's insulin response up to twentyfold
- Cinnulin PF is up to 700% more effective than cinnamon itself and avoids the potentially harmful allergic side effects that can occur when using high doses of cinnamon.
- Cinnulin PF also has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol. And Cinnulin PF can significantly lower blood serum triglycerides.
1% Corosolic Acid Banaba Leaf
The blood sugar regulating properties of banaba leaf have been demonstrated in cell culture, animal and human studies. In isolated cells, the active ingredient in banaba leaf, corosolic acid, is known to stimulate glucose metabolism. In diabetic mice, rats and rabbits, banaba feeding reduces elevated insulin and blood sugar levels to normal. In humans with type II diabetes, banaba extract, at a dose of 16-48mg per day for 4-8 weeks, has been shown to be effective in reducing blood sugar levels (5%-30% reduction) and maintaining tighter control of blood sugar fluctuations. An interesting "side-effect" of tighter control of insulin and blood sugar levels is a significant tendency of banaba leaf to promote weight loss (an average of 2-4 lbs. per month) - without significant dietary alterations. It is likely that modulation of glucose metabolism and insulin levels reduces total caloric intake somewhat and encourages moderate weight loss.
Lowering your blood sugar levels can help with both your peripheral neuropathy and your cholesterol levels. You might find this recent newsletter by Jon Barron extremely informative.
For obvious legal reasons, we cannot diagnose or prescribe for specific medical conditions, merely provide information. With that in mind... High and low blood sugar levels are not different conditions, but actually two sides of the same coin. Check out Jon's article on the mechanisms of diabetes. As you will see, the same rules apply for dealing with both high and low blood sugar levels. Glucotor v.2 is helpful for both.